Photos from the event
Invitation to Attend
IRF Regional Congresses are the IRF’s answer to the growing demand for safe, sustainable, and efficient transport networks around the world. With this Congress, our objective is to support policy-makers, planners and infrastructure operators in the planning, building and maintenance of integrated transport networks that accelerate the region’s economic development and contribute to the wealth of our societies.
I look forward to seeing you in Riyadh during this landmark regional event.
Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
Reasons to Attend
- High level plenary sessions featuring political leaders and road agency heads
- Compelling conference program featuring emerging regional issues: road safety policies and solutions, innovations in pavement technologies and urban mobility solutions
- Discuss & address solutions to the region's seven transport mobility needs
- Focus on applied knowledge and field-tested solutions
- Exhibition featuring the latest products & technologies
Sights & Sounds from the 17th IRF World Meeting & Exhibition
Held in the same Riyadh venue
- Political Leaders with Transport & Urban Mobility Portfolios
- Highway Agency Staff
- Construction Contractors, Engineers & Managers
- Design Consultants, Engineers & Managers
- Equipment Manufacturers, Suppliers and Distributors
- Materials Laboratory Engineers
- Public Transport / Mass Transit Operators
- Transport Research Institutes
- University Researchers and Professors
- Engineering Services Professionals
- Traffic Technology and ITS Consultants, Engineers and Managers
The Congress will focus on three major themes. Road Safety Policies and Solutions needed to help eliminate needless death on the region's roads; Pavement Technologies and New Innovations to build and maintain, durable, sustainable, and cost efficient roads; Urban Transport and Mobility Solutions for the region's rapidly developing centers.
UTM: URBAN TRANSPORT AND MOBILITY SOLUTIONS
Cities across the Middle East are under pressure to deliver services to their populations in a context of rapid urbanization and growing vehicle ownership. Out of a population of over 300 million, 170 million reside in urban areas, a figure which is expected to grow to 280 million according to UN projections. Against this rapid rate of urbanization, the provision of smart transportation infrastructure and services remains the number one challenge for municipal leaders.
SRD: SAFER ROADS BY DESIGN™
Fast-motorizing economies in the Middle East are rapidly renovating and expanding their road networks to accommodate growing domestic trade and mobility needs. These new roads have enormous potential to stimulate economic growth and lift standards of living, yet can also present risks when key safety considerations are omitted in the design or construction phases. Safer Roads by Design™ sessions introduce engineering concepts, best practices and state-of-the-art technologies tailored to the needs of highway agencies and road operators that can be used to prevent road crashes, and reduce the severity of accidents.
PTM: PAVEMENT TECHNOLOGIES & MANAGEMENT
The structural and functional integrity of pavements are critical and important to a healthy infrastructure. This integrity is also a vital part of pavements’ life-cycle sustainability assessment and the return on investment society places on constructing high quality roads and highway networks. Therefore, transportation professionals must ensure that the design, construction and maintenance of pavements meet industry’s best practices as well as established standards. In doing this, the performance of roadways will meet expected demands, and users will be able to travel safely with maximum level of satisfaction from their investment.
International Program & Member Services
InterContinental Hotel Riyadh
A four-star luxury property remodeled in mid-2012, the InterContiental Hotel Riyadh features a variety of restaurants, pools, a fitness center, tennis courts and a club lounge.
King Saud Street, Riyadh , 11481, Saudi Arabia
Tel: +966 11 465 5000
King Faisal Hall
King Faisal Hall sits adjoined to the InterContinental and serves as a first-class conference location. Enjoying a full remodel in 2014, King Faisal Hall can host thousands of attendees comfortably with it’s large auditoriums, elegant conference rooms and exhibtiion amenities.