This on-line training course is designed to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the basic concepts and recent advances related to pavement design, analysis and construction. Participants will be guided through various interactive course modules to develop skills and knowledge to employ standard guidelines and specifications related to both flexible and rigid pavements. Throughout this course, the sustainability considerations for design and construction of pavements will be discussed. Innovations and advances in pavement engineering with regards to design, analysis and construction, will also be addressed through dedicated modules for each topic.
The lectures will be taught during a four-week period with live two hour on-line sessions held on Tuesday and Thursday of each week. Upon completion of the training program, the IRF will administer an on-line knowledge test. IRF will work with each individual participant to ensure they pass the examination.
IRF Global is now recognized as an approved training provider by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), a respected professional body that provides transportation professionals with recognition, support and business insights to accelerate their careers and influence the future of the sector.
- Earn 16 Professional Development Hours
- Expert training by professionals for Professionals: access IRF’s unique curriculum and lectures developed by world-class specialists
- Accelerated learning processes: get up to speed and gain new insights in less time and with no travel constraints
- Full access to learning materials and session recordings
- Small classrooms & scheduled One-on-One sessions with instructors
- Self-paced options available
- Interactive group projects and case studies
- Receive IRF Certification
- Understand the basic concepts of different pavement structures
- Become familiar with local standards and specifications regarding the design and construction of pavements
- Understand the basic concepts of pavement structures and their functional properties
- Understand the process for design of pavement system using both empirical and mechanistic approaches
- Become familiar with different materials used in the pavement structures and their fundamental properties
- Learn about the advances and innovations in pavement construction
- Road Authorities & Operators
- Road Design Consultants
- Road Contractors
- Maintenance Personnel
- Pavement design engineers
- Geotechnical engineers
- Materials engineers
The Lectures will be taught over a four-week period with live 2-hour online sessions held on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week. Upon completion of the training program, the IRF will administer an online knowledge test. IRF will work with each individual participant to ensure they pass the examination.
Tuesdays & Thursdays (6:00 AM – 8:00 AM CET /9:00 – 11:00 Dubai Time)
View the Online Training: Advances in Pavement Design schedule & directory.
Assistant Professor, California State University Los Angeles
Mehran Mazari, Ph.D.
Dr. Mehran Mazari is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at Cal State LA, specializing in Transportation Infrastructure and Materials. He is the director of Sikand Center for Sustainable and Intelligent Infrastructures (SITI-Center) and founder of Sustainable Infrastructure Materials Research Lab (SIM-Lab) at Cal State LA. His research interests include sustainable and resilient transportation infrastructure, transportation infrastructure materials, and non-destructive evaluation of transportation infrastructure. He is a member of technical committees at the Transportation Research Board of National Academies of Science and Engineering and co-chair of the LTPP subcommittee of the Highway Pavement Committee of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). Dr. Mazari has published more than 60 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers. He has been actively involved in a number of national and state research projects, including National Highway Cooperative Research Program (NCHRP) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), among others.
Windows 7 - Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), macOS Catalina (10.15), Linux, Google Chrome OS, Android OS 5 (Lollipop) - Android 9 (Pie), iOS 10 - iOS 12, Windows Phone 8+, Windows 8RT+
Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions)
Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Internet Explorer v11 (with Adobe Flash if running Windows 7)
Apple Safari (most recent 2 versions)
Microsoft Edge (most recent 2 versions)
1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)
Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)