4th IRF Asia Pacific Regional Congress & 11th Malaysian Road Conference & Exhibition 2022
About the Congress
A Pathway to Safe, Smart, & Resilient Road & Mobility Networks
The 4th IRF Asia-Pacific Pacific Regional Congress and 11th Malaysian Road Conference & Exhibition 2022 will focus on the future of road infrastructure, resilience, sustainability, road safety and new digital technologies that will transform the roads and mobility sector. The Congress will feature high level policy type discussions with top officials from various regional governments and development institutions, while at the same time providing a forum for showcasing best practices, technical innovations, new technologies, cutting edge research, and case studies. Carrying the theme " A Pathway to Safe, Smart, & Resilient Road & Mobility Networks ", the Congress will be the largest forum of its kind.
Don’t Miss the Region’s Most Significant Gathering of Road & Transport Professionals.
- Asset Management
- The Role of AI in Road Infrastructure
- Game-Changing Trends in Road & Bridge Construction
- Greener Road Projects
- Road Safety: Implementing “Vision Zero”
- Innovative Materials and Technologies for Durable Pavements
- Smart Cities / Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs): Readying our Road Infrastructure
- Road Financing: A Pathway to Sustainable Funding
- Keynotes delivered by the sector’s foremost thought leaders
- Exhibition with the latest technologies
- Specialized sessions
- Business networking events
Who Should Attend
- Road Agency Engineers & Managers
- Engineering Consultants
- Road Contractors
- Technology Providers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Financing Institutions and Investment Firms
- Researchers & Academics
Share: The Congress is the main regional meeting point where leading stakeholders meet and exchange experiences and innovation.
Engage: The Congress format allows practitioners, stakeholders and innovators to share their knowledge and policy recommendation with the region’s top decision makers
Grow: Place your company's brand, technologies and services at center stage during the Congress and gain exposure in front of top decision makers, government officials and buyers in the region
From the Chairman
On behalf of the International Road Federation’s volunteer leadership and global network of members, it gives me particular pleasure to welcome you to IRF’s flagship event in the Asia-Pacific region, held in conjunction with the 11th Malaysian Road Conference & Exhibition.
Together with the Road Engineering Association of Malaysia (REAM), we have brought together some of the world’s leading practitioners, thought leaders, and academics with the purpose of discussing a shared pathway to safe, smart & resilient road networks and mobility services at the service of Asia-Pacific's economies and societies.
The Asia-Pacific region is an important economic hub, and many of its transportation leaders have announced bold measures to fill the infrastructure gap that has so long plagued the region. This represents an extremely fertile environment to discuss measures and solutions that support this political agenda and help drive shared prosperity. Malaysia, our host country, is itself a remarkable example of this drive towards greater connectivity, with unprecedented effort to develop and modernize its transport infrastructure
The Congress also comes at an opportune time for IRF and its members. Events such as this fully illustrate our collective ambition to be the leading global marketplace for ideas, best practices and industry solutions. Please take a moment to meet with IRF members during your stay in Kuala Lumpur to find out how our organization has helped them achieve their goals.
I am pleased to count on your participation and look forward to the key findings of this landmark event.
Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
Call for Papers
Message from the Conference Scientific & Technical Committee Chairs
Technology and innovations are evolving at a pace never seen before in the history of the road and transport sector. From innovations in materials, such as self-healing concrete and rubberized asphalt, to advances in construction equipment automation, and of course, the dawn of the connected and automated vehicle, we are on a verge of a new era. With such remarkable developments, we found it very important to organize a global event that brought together the most innovative researchers with the top practitioners and users of innovation and technology. As such it is our pleasure invite innovators, researchers and practitioners to submit abstracts in the following topics and help us build tomorrow’s transport infrastructure today.
Dr. Kamil Kaloush, Professor, Arizona State University
Call for Abstracts (No Paper Required)
The Scientific & Technical Committee of IRF has selected 5 tracks for inclusion in the international call for abstracts. Abstracts shall be written in English and should not exceed 250 words.
Top graded papers to be published with in a specialty Scopus Indexed publication.
- Artificial Intelligence and Predictive Maintenance
- Pavement & Bridge management systems (research and implementations)
- Non-destructive testing
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement techniques
- Life cycle cost analysis
Sustainable Road Design & Construction
- Greener Road Projects
- Improved roads for all users
- Value Engineering
- Digital Twins for Road & Bridge Construction
Innovative Materials and Technology
- Concrete Materials (ultra-high-performance concrete, self-healing concrete, etc.).
- Asphalt concrete (Superpave mixture designs, warm mixtures, use of fibers, polymers, crumb rubber, etc.)
- Recycled and waste materials, greener materials
- Fiber reinforced polymers
- Curing compounds
- Nano-materials in infrastructure projects and surface treatments
Road Safety: Towards Zero Deaths
- Road Risk Diagnosis & Road Safety Audit
- AI for Traffic Safety
- New energy-absorbing technologies – crash cushions, guardrail end terminals, TMAs, & luminaire poles
- High-Friction Surface Treatments (HFSTs)
- Lane marking and retro-reflectivity
- Advances in Vehicle to Roadside Infrastructure (V2RI) technologies
- Work Zones & Temporary Traffic Control Safety
ITS & Mobility Management
- Reading our Infrastructure for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- City-level ITS Programs
- Travel Demand Management
- Big Data Analytics
- Parking Management
- The Fossil Fuel to EV Transition – Impacts for Roads
Authors whose abstracts have been accepted are invited to take note of the following paper submission and acceptance schedule.
- Abstract Deadline: April 29, 2022
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: May 13, 2022
- Paper Submission Deadline: July 5, 2022 (Only for those wishing to have a paper appear in the conference proceedings)
- Paper Acceptance Notification: August 15, 2022
To submit an abstract Click Here
Download the Paper Submission Template
Benefits of Sponsoring
Whether you are looking to buy, sell or distribute in the region, there is no better time or place to successfully advance your short and long-term business objectives.
|NUMBER OF REGISTRATIONS||10||7||5||1|
|EXHIBITION||6*6 m2||6*3 m2||3*3 m2|
|OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT||Opening|
|SPONSORSHIP RECOGNITION AT COFFEE BREAK|
|EVENT PROGRAM AD||Full page ad||Half page ad||Logo||Logo|
|MATERIALS IN BAGS|
|DATABASE OF DELEGATES|
|PRIVATE MEETING ROOM ACCESS|
Exhibition Rates (Exhibition Sales Open March 22):
BOOTH PACKAGE INCLUDES (Per 9m2)
- Side / back panels and facia board with exhibitor’s name
- One table
- Two (2) units folding chairs
- One (1) unit 13 amps single phase socket
- Two (2) units 40w fluorescent lights
- One (1) wastepaper basket
IRF Member (Shell Scheme) – 300 USD per sqm (Minimum 9m2)
Non-Member (Shell Scheme) – 400 USD per sqm (Minimum 9m2)
IRF Member (Raw Space) – 200 USD/m2 (Minimum 18m2)
Non-Member (Raw Space) – 250 USD/m2 (Minimum 18m2)
To reserve a booth Click Here
There are numerous hotels with various star ratings within the vicinity of the Congress venue. Delegates wishing to stay in the following hotels closest to the Congress venue are advised to communicate directly with the hotels for their requirements.