The IRF Bridge Maintenance & Inspection course will discuss best practices and state of the art methods for effective bridge maintenance, management and inspection. A major part of the course will focus on bridge repair and rehabilitation issues; bridge management systems, needs of highways agencies, and bridge related safety and risk issues .The other part this program will focus on best practices for bridge inspections and how to utilize new technologies that can deliver accurate results in a timely and cost efficient manner. Bridge preservation and safety will be emphasized throughout the course.
Road bridges, whether they link neighborhoods in Riyadh or connect the Kingdom with neighboring countries, are an essential part of Saudi Arabia’s unprecedented effort to upgrade and transform our transportation network.
Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
- Highway Agency Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Technology Providers
- Develop cost-effective strategies for preservation of a group of bridges
- Identify maintenance or repair needs and select the best countermeasures and applications
- Apply effective management techniques (such as planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting).
- Describe, identify, evaluate, and document the various components and deficiencies that can exist on bridge components and elements.
- Describe, identify, evaluate, and document the various components and deficiencies that can exist
on bridge components and elements
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of a bridge inspector and define inspection concepts
including personal and public safety issues associated with bridge inspections
- Learn about the latest technologies utilized around the world for bridge inspections