This on-line training workshop will cover the main technical issues regarding Bridge Management, Inspection and Maintenance. The contents will be based on international standards as well as the hands-on experience of the course instructors. The workshop is addressed at highway agency executives and private sector contractors. The topics of the workshop go from the basic knowledge of Road Bridges and their main characteristics, to the visual inspection activities, until the most up-to-date concepts of Bridge Asset Management.
The Lectures will be taught over a 2 week period with live 2-hour online sessions held Monday through Thursday of each week. Upon completion of the training program, the IRF will administer an online knowledge test. IRF will work with each individual participant to ensure they pass the examination.
IRF Global is now recognized as an approved training provider by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), a respected professional body that provides transportation professionals with recognition, support and business insights to accelerate their careers and influence the future of the sector.
- Better understand each of the aspects of Existing Bridge Inventory and Inspection and their related functions
- Recognize the main structural problems of bridges
- Knowledge of the main techniques of structural investigation and structural monitoring
- Understand the importance of good bridge inspection practices in order to achieve optimal bridge management target
- Knowledge of the most up-to-date techniques of bridge inspection
- Learn about bridge management optimization and tools for resource allocation
- Understand bridge predictive maintenance and its possible applications.
- Earn 16 Professional Development Hours
- Expert training by professionals for Professionals: access IRF’s unique curriculum and lectures developed by world-class specialists
- Accelerated learning processes: get up to speed and gain new insights in less time and with no travel constraints
- Full access to learning materials and session recordings
- Small classrooms & scheduled One-on-One sessions with instructors
- Self-paced options available
- Interactive group projects and case studies
- Receive IRF Certification
- Road & Bridge Authorities & Operators
- Bridge Design Consultants
- Bridge Program Managers
- Bridge Management Engineers
- Bridge Preservation & Maintenance Engineers
- Bridge Inspectors
- Bridge Designers
- Transportation Planners
- Transportation Asset Management Team Members
The Lectures will be taught over a 2-week period with live 2-hour online sessions held Monday through Thursday of each week. Upon completion of the training program, the IRF will administer an online knowledge test. IRF will work with each individual participant to ensure they pass the examination.
Monday – Thursday (11:00 PM– 3:00 PM US EST / 5:00 – 7:00 PM GMT)
View the Online Training: Bridge Management & Inspection schedule & directory.
Partner / R&D Manager
Michele Frizzarin is a structural engineer with 15 years experience in the field of analysis and verification of existing structures. In particular he gained expertise in the inspection and structural analysis of existing concrete, steel and masonry infrastructures, as well as historical buildings and monuments. He furthered his education in the study of the dynamic and seismic behavior of structures, and work constantly in universities for the organization of technical courses of construction and structural dynamics.
He is partner and R&D Manager of Franchetti Group, headquartered in Italy, branches in Brazil, Canada, and Expansions from 2020 in USA, India and Singapore. The company operates in the field of civil engineering and environmental engineering with the collaboration of more than 50 engineers.
Windows 7 - Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), macOS Catalina (10.15), Linux, Google Chrome OS, Android OS 5 (Lollipop) - Android 9 (Pie), iOS 10 - iOS 12, Windows Phone 8+, Windows 8RT+
Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions)
Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Internet Explorer v11 (with Adobe Flash if running Windows 7)
Apple Safari (most recent 2 versions)
Microsoft Edge (most recent 2 versions)
1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)
Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)