Bridges are some of a road agency’s most expensive assets to build and maintain. However, too often, their maintenance needs are neglected and/or deferred, which can have disastrous consequences, as we have witnessed recently with several high-profile bridge failures around the world. That’s why it is essential for road agencies to have a robust bridge management and inspection program in place that ensures the safety of the traveling public and maximizes the value of these vital assets.
This course presents best practices and state-of-the-art methods for effective bridge maintenance, management, and inspection. A major part of the course focuses on bridge repair and rehabilitation issues, bridge management systems, the needs of highway agencies, and bridge-related safety and risk issues. It also addresses best practices for bridge inspections and how to utilize new technologies for accurate results in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
The contents of the course are based on international standards as well as the hands-on experience of the course instructors.
IRF Global is now recognized as an approved training provider by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), a respected professional body that provides transportation professionals with recognition, support and business insights to accelerate their careers and influence the future of the sector.
- Better understand each of the aspects of Existing Bridge Inventory and Inspection and their related functions
- Recognize the main structural problems of bridges
- Knowledge of the main techniques of structural investigation and structural monitoring
- Understand the importance of good bridge inspection practices in order to achieve optimal bridge management target
- Knowledge of the most up-to-date techniques of bridge inspection
- Learn about bridge management optimization and tools for resource allocation
- Understand bridge predictive maintenance and its possible applications.
- Road & Bridge Authorities & Operators
- Bridge Design Consultants
- Bridge Program Managers
- Bridge Management Engineers
- Bridge Preservation & Maintenance Engineers
- Bridge Inspectors
- Bridge Designers
- Transportation Planners
- Transportation Asset Management Team Members
Monday to Friday (9:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
View the IRF Bridge Management & Inspection schedule & directory.
Partner / R&D Manager
Michele Frizzarin is a structural engineer with 15 years experience in the field of analysis and verification of existing structures. In particular he gained expertise in the inspection and structural analysis of existing concrete, steel and masonry infrastructures, as well as historical buildings and monuments. He furthered his education in the study of the dynamic and seismic behavior of structures, and work constantly in universities for the organization of technical courses of construction and structural dynamics.
He is partner and R&D Manager of Franchetti Group, headquartered in Italy, branches in Brazil, Canada, and Expansions from 2020 in USA, India and Singapore. The company operates in the field of civil engineering and environmental engineering with the collaboration of more than 50 engineers.
AC Hotel Milano
Address: VIA TAZZOLI 2,
MILAN, MILAN, ITALY, 20154
Phone: +39 02-20424211