This 5-day course is designed to provide delegates with an opportunity to learn contemporary theory and market practices in road construction supervision, increase their understanding of the strategic role construction plays in the project delivery lifecycle, explore practical examples and case studies, and learn a dependable project delivery methodology to use for their projects. The course will provide key methods, tools, and techniques used by best in class companies and practitioners in the construction supervision industry. The course is FIDIC focused and covers the roles and responsibilities of The Engineer, contract administration, and the dispute resolution process as prescribed by FIDIC.
- Understand the various forms of construction contracts and develop techniques to administering them
- Reinforce understanding of the project triple constraints of quality, time and cost and develop practical methods for utilization in road construction projects
- Develop technical skills in construction inspection to ensure quality management of the multiple construction methodologies and works processes required for road and bridge construction placement
- Explore the construction change management process such as change orders, claims management, and dispute resolution
- Develop project management and leadership skills necessary for today's construction professional
- National /State Road & Transport Engineers
- Highway Engineers and Managers
- Private Consultants & Contractors
Eric Cook, International Road Federation
Eric Dean Cook, PE is a Senior Advisor and Lead Trainer for the International Road Federation. Since 2008, Eric has served as a trainer, speaker, moderator, facilitator and fellow colleague at numerous IRF workshops, panels, forums and trade visits. Eric is the current Chair for the IRF Committee on Alternative Finance & Procurement. He formerly served as a Member of the FIDIC Procurement Policy Sub-Committee and is a former Chair of the American Council of Engineering Companies International Committee. In practice, Eric is a registered professional civil engineer and has successfully supervised and managed over $1B in construction placement over his 30 year engineering career. He has a well-rounded stakeholder perspective having worked for such organizations as the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Louis Berger Group, Kanawha Stone Construction Company, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Eric has passed the FINRA Series 79 Investment Banking Representative Exam and holds a BS in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech, an MBA from the University of Manchester, and a MS in Finance from Indiana University.
Hotel Barsey by Warwick
Address: 381-383, Av. Louise, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 2 641 51 30