This 5-day course is designed to provide delegates with an opportunity to learn contemporary theory and market practices in road construction supervision, increase their understanding of the strategic role construction plays in the project delivery lifecycle, explore practical examples and case studies, and learn a dependable project delivery methodology to use for their projects. The course will provide key methods, tools, and techniques used by best in class companies and practitioners in the construction supervision industry. The course is FIDIC focused and covers the roles and responsibilities of The Engineer, contract administration, and the dispute resolution process as prescribed by FIDIC.
IRF Global is now recognized as an approved training provider by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), a respected professional body that provides transportation professionals with recognition, support and business insights to accelerate their careers and influence the future of the sector.
- Understand the various forms of construction contracts and develop techniques to administering them
- Reinforce understanding of the project triple constraints of quality, time and cost and develop practical methods for utilization in road construction projects
- Develop technical skills in construction inspection to ensure quality management of the multiple construction methodologies and works processes required for road and bridge construction placement
- Explore the construction change management process such as change orders, claims management, and dispute resolution
- Develop project management and leadership skills necessary for today's construction professional
- National /State Road & Transport Engineers
- Highway Engineers and Managers
- Private Consultants & Contractors
Dr. Carlos Chang
Professor, University of South Florida
Dr. Carlos M. Chang is an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Florida International University (FIU). Prior to joining FIU in August 2020, Dr. Chang worked as an Associate Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), Associate Researcher at the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI), and international consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and engineering companies in road projects overseas. Dr. Chang is frequently invited as a keynote speaker at international conferences and as a subject matter expert in technical committees.