Tolling technologies have made tremendous progress over the past decade, however their deployment on the ground still presents considerable investments and risks. IRF's new certified training course "Road User Charging & Electronic Toll Collection" is a unique opportunity to grow your expertise and gain new insights in this fast-moving field through interactions with leading international specialists.
- Get an in-depth overview of operational and technological tolling modesl
- Understand the regulatory environment and benefits of interoperable tolling systems
- Learn how to migrate existing plaza-based / cash-based toll collection into free flow, non-cash mode of operation
- Identify and mitigatethe most critical points and risks to overcome in developing a tolling scheme
- Explore stakeholder engagement processes to win support
- Present methodologies applied by governments which were successful and illustrate the content with real business cases from around Europe.
- National & State Public Officials and other Regional Transportation Authorities
- Road and Transport Authorities / Agencies
- Road and Toll Operators
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Infrastructure Developers
- Infrastructure Funds / Financial Institutions
- Senior Financial & Legal Advisors, Technical Advisors , Insurers, Modelers
- Research Institutes
- Asset management specialists
- Transport Research Academia
From the Chairman
As the road industry’s most trusted brand in continuing education, the IRF provides road professionals with educational opportunities that are recognized worldwide by engineering and transportation societies. IRF’s Global Training Curriculum provides technical expertise in classroom and practical settings where attendees can learn from and have direct access to seasoned professionals. Each course is designed to assist attendees in learning to correctly apply the knowledge gained and provides the most relevant, up-to date information on best practices and technological solutions.
IRF Workshops are specifically developed to meet the needs of road professionals. Whether you are a representative of a highway agency, a member of a financing institution, consultant or contractor, IRF Workshops will give you the necessary tools to deliver improvements to your organization.
As the IRF Chairman, I encourage you to make the most of these opportunities and help fulfill IRF’s vision of better roads for a better world.
H.E. Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
Josef A. Czako
Josef A. Czako is the founder, President & CEO of MOVING FORWARD CONSULTING, based in Bonn, Germany, with expertise in market studies, policy, business, innovation, and strategy development for public and private clients in road transport and public transport.
Mr. Czako is an experienced consultancy, management and business development professional for smart and intelligent mobility, having expertise with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), and Road Pricing, Smart Cities, Electronic Ticketing, Road Finance with PPP or BOT, Telematics and Logistics, Road Safety, Connected and Automated Driving (CAD), Shared Mobility and Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
Josef Czako has many years of professional experience in senior management positions with international and leading companies in the transport and consultancy sector: KAPSCH TRAFFICCOM, KAPSCH TELEMATIC SERVICES, CMC3, EUROLOG, CUBIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, INIT, BUSCOM, or ROBERT BOSCH. Mr. Czako has a proven record of successful flagship projects in ITS and Tolling worldwide.
Since working many years internationally, Josef Czako has a world-wide, intensive network to the public and private sector, to authorities, Cities, ITS industry, suppliers, integrators, mobility and transport service providers, concessionaires, professional associations, consultants, construction companies, insurers, or financial institutions.
IRF European Training Institute
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences
Kuslanova 2, 10 000 Zagreb