Tolling related technologies have made tremendous progress over the past decade, and today developing and implementing a nationwide solution presents fewer technological risks than was the case 10-15 years ago. Nevertheless, Capital & Operational Expenditures remain a significant hurdle for many road agencies. It is therefore essential for decision-makers to carefully consider the system they want to have in place prior to large-scale investment.
- Get a current overview of financing and operational models in the road sector
- Provide objective and technology-neutral information and knowledge to successfully introduce an eTolling scheme for trucks and light vehicles
- Provide updated knowledge on possibilities and challenges in Electronic Toll Collection, Road User Charging, Mobility Pricing, eVignette and eTolling segments
- Identify the most critical points and risks to overcome in developing a tolling scheme
- Learn how to migrate existing plaza-based / cash-based toll collection into free flow, noncash mode of operation
- Understand the constraints and benefits raised by regulatory regimes applicable to setting tariffs
- Present methodologies applied by governments which were successful and illustrate the content with real business cases from around the world.
- National & State Public Officials and other Regional Transportation Authorities
- Road and Transport Authorities / Agencies
- Road and Toll Operators
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Infrastructure Developers
- Infrastructure Funds / Financial Institutions
- Senior Financial & Legal Advisors, Technical Advisors , Insurers, Modelers
- Research Institutes
- Asset management specialists
- Transport Research Academia
From the Chairman
As the road industry’s most trusted brand in continuing education, the IRF provides road professionals with educational opportunities that are recognized worldwide by engineering and transportation societies. IRF’s Global Training Curriculum provides technical expertise in classroom and practical settings where attendees can learn from and have direct access to seasoned professionals. Each course is designed to assist attendees in learning to correctly apply the knowledge gained and provides the most relevant, up-to date information on best practices and technological solutions.
IRF Workshops are specifically developed to meet the needs of road professionals. Whether you are a representative of a highway agency, a member of a financing institution, consultant or contractor, IRF Workshops will give you the necessary tools to deliver improvements to your organization.
As the IRF Chairman, I encourage you to make the most of these opportunities and help fulfill IRF’s vision of better roads for a better world.
H.E. Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
Josef A. Czako
Josef A. Czako is the founder, President & CEO of MOVING FORWARD CONSULTING, based in Bonn, Germany, with expertise in market studies, policy, business, innovation, and strategy development for public and private clients in road transport and public transport.
Mr. Czako is an experienced consultancy, management and business development professional for smart and intelligent mobility, having expertise with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), and Road Pricing, Smart Cities, Electronic Ticketing, Road Finance with PPP or BOT, Telematics and Logistics, Road Safety, Connected and Automated Driving (CAD), Shared Mobility and Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
Josef Czako has many years of professional experience in senior management positions with international and leading companies in the transport and consultancy sector: KAPSCH TRAFFICCOM, KAPSCH TELEMATIC SERVICES, CMC3, EUROLOG, CUBIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, INIT, BUSCOM, or ROBERT BOSCH. Mr. Czako has a proven record of successful flagship projects in ITS and Tolling worldwide.
Since working many years internationally, Josef Czako has a world-wide, intensive network to the public and private sector, to authorities, Cities, ITS industry, suppliers, integrators, mobility and transport service providers, concessionaires, professional associations, consultants, construction companies, insurers, or financial institutions.
Ministry of Infrastructure Development, Dubai
Address: Al Nahda Street – opposite to Al Nahda Metro Station, Al Qusais