The training will cover the principles, concepts, components, techniques, and benefits of good output and performance based contracting. The contents will be based on well accepted best practices and on the hands on experiences of the instructors. The workshop will teach the most relevant best practices as they relate to project planning and programming, target delivery, quality assurance and target evaluation.
- Transport professionals will be equipped with new financial and legal tools to undertake PBC agreements.
- Useful case studies of successful implementation of performance based contracts in different countries will be taught. Essential lessons on challenges will also be highlighted.
- Training attendees will learn the different stakeholder roles and responsibilities for planning and executing performance-based contracts.
- Training attendees will be able to share knowledge acquired with professionals within their areas of jurisdiction.
- Road & Transport Agencies Executives
- Highway Engineers and Managers
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Service Providers
A detailed agenda is available in the program, downloadable via the green 'Download Program' button to your right.
Monday, May 23
|Framework of Performance Based Contracts|
|Characteristics of Performance-Based Contracts|
|Lessons and Principles of Output and Performance-Based Contracts|
|Defining Risks Under Output & Performance Based Road Contracts|
|Roles and Responsibilities of Stakeholders in Performance-Based Contracting|
Tuesday, May 24
|Designing a Performance-Based Contracting Program|
|Contract Document Scope of Works|
|Risk and Legal Considerations in Bid Preparation|
|Risk Factors (Contractor View Point)|
|Specifications, Performance Evaluation and Payment for Contracts|
|International Overview of Best Practices in Contracting|
Wednesday, May 25
|Best Practices in Procurement for Performance-Based Contracts|
|Maintenance Management Issues and Requirements|
|Increasing Private Sector Participation in Performance-Based Contracting|
|Road Sector Reform to Implement Performance-Based Contracts|
|Key Success Factors and Challenges in Contract Implementation|