Public Private Partnerships are being increasingly utilized as an alternative to traditional public financing methods for road and surface transport infrasructure. This training program will bring together top practitioners and experts from the private sector, public sector, and financing institutions to discuss and examine what are the necessary conditions to implement successful PPP projects that bring value to the government, its private sector partners, and most importantly the public. The program will involve detailed discussions of key success factors such as building capacity within the public and private sector, the necessary policy & legal frameworks, optimal risk sharing practices, and available tools to assess the financial viability of projects. In addition, the program will examine successful examples from both emerging and developed economies and present some practices and tools that can be utilized under different country conditions. IRF has selected instructors of the highest caliber to present this training program. They have been involved in the execution and development of successful PPP projects in many countries around the world. As in other the IRF, training programs attendees will be provided with provided with many opportunities to interact with the experts and their peers providing for an optimal learning environment.
The IRF’s training program on PPPs is designed to help practitioners stay on top of a fast-evolving topic which will condition the future of infrastructure development.
- Understand PPPs and their role in delivering road infrastructure services
- Learn how to create and “enabling environment” for PPPs
- Develop a business case for PPPs
- Utilize available tools asses project viability
- Gain an understanding of risk allocation under different environments
- Get exposed to Best Practices in PPP from around the world
- Network and share experiences with your peers
- Road & Transportation Agency Executives
- Federal & State Public Officials and other regional transportation authorities
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Infrastructure Developers
- Toll Operators
- Infrastructure Funds / Financial Institutions
- Senior Financial & Legal Advisors, Technical Advisors , Insurers, Modelers