This 5-day course follows the approved and certified APMG Public-Private Partnerships Certified Professional Foundation level training curriculum. The course is comprised of 2.5 days of classroom instruction followed by the administration of the APMG PPP Foundation level examination. The mandatory course will be followed by a two-day module “PPPs in the Road Sector” more specifically addressed at highway agency executives and private sector contractors.
The Foundation level examination is step 1 of the APMG PPP Certification Program which aims to foster a common minimum level of knowledge and understanding amongst individuals working on PPPs or those interested in learning about PPPs, regardless of discipline or sector. APMG awards the CP3P credential to individuals who successfully pass the three examinations: (1) Foundation and Overview Stage, (2) Preparation Stage, and (3) Execution Stage. APMG’s PPP Certification is recognized by leading development agencies, such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and others.
- Understand the PPP environment, what is and what is not considered a PPP project.
- Review the PPP framework and project screening process.
- Explore the structuring and feasibility analysis required for a successful PPP project.
- Develop basic financial analysis skills and engineering economics to evaluate potential PPP projects.
- Review the procurement and management of PPP projects throughout the lifecycle.
- The Foundation course covers the material presented in chapter 1 of the APMG PPP Guide: Introduction and Overview. This is a compulsory module and exam in order to proceed to the next stages in pursuit of the APMG CP3P credential.
- The course includes the option to sit for the Foundation level examination.
- Highway and Road Professionals
- Government Agencies
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Service Providers
- Financial Experts
From the Chairman
As the road industry’s most trusted brand in continuing education, the IRF provides road professionals with educational opportunities that are recognized worldwide by engineering and transportation societies. IRF’s Global Training Curriculum provides technical expertise in classroom and practical settings where attendees can learn from and have direct access to seasoned professionals. Each course is designed to assist attendees in learning to correctly apply the knowledge gained and provides the most relevant, up-to date information on best practices and technological solutions.
IRF Workshops are specifically developed to meet the needs of road professionals. Whether you are a representative of a highway agency, a member of a financing institution, consultant or contractor, IRF Workshops will give you the necessary tools to deliver improvements to your organization.
As the IRF Chairman, I encourage you to make the most of these opportunities and help fulfill IRF’s vision of better roads for a better world.
H.E. Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
IRF has negotiated special IRF Global Training Program attendee hotel rates with the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria-Old Town. Please contact the Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria-Old Town to make your own room reservations:
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Old Town
Address: 625 First St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 548-6300
A special room rate of US $169/night, Junior Suite rate of US $199 has been negotiated at the Holiday Inn and Suite, located just one block from the Training Institute.