This course offers a deep dive into the realms of Sustainable Finance & Impact Investing within the context of Transport Infrastructure, along with a focus on Procurement and Contract Management in Highway Projects. Participants will embark on a transformative journey, commencing with an exploration of sustainable finance principles and impact investing strategies. They will gain insights into sustainable procurement practices and the intricacies of contract management in highway projects. The course also delves into environmental and social considerations, emphasizing the integration of sustainability into transportation projects. With a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical case studies, this program equips participants with the expertise to drive positive change in the world of transportation infrastructure, aligning financial goals with environmental and social impact.
- Understanding Sustainable Finance Principles: Participants will gain a solid comprehension of sustainable finance concepts, learning how to identify and evaluate sustainable investment opportunities within the transportation sector.
- Impact Investing Expertise: By the end of the course, attendees will be proficient in impact investing strategies, enabling them to assess and support projects that generate positive environmental and social outcomes while delivering financial returns.
- Effective Procurement Practices: Participants will develop the skills necessary for sustainable procurement in highway projects, including the ability to design and implement procurement strategies that prioritize sustainability and long-term value.
- Contract Management Proficiency: Learners will acquire the fundamentals of contract management in transportation projects, mastering key negotiation and administration techniques critical for successful project delivery.
- Integration of Sustainability: The course will empower participants to integrate sustainability considerations seamlessly into transportation projects, aligning financial objectives with environmental and social impact goals to create a more sustainable and responsible infrastructure ecosystem.
- Road & Transport Agencies
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- International Financial Institutions
- Engineering Firms
- Toll Operators
- Service Providers
International Road Federation
Eric Dean Cook, PE is a Senior Advisor and Lead Trainer for the International Road Federation. Since 2008, Eric has served as a trainer, speaker, moderator, facilitator and fellow colleague at numerous IRF workshops, panels, forums and trade visits. Eric is the current Chair for the IRF Committee on Alternative Finance & Procurement. He formerly served as a Member of the FIDIC Procurement Policy Sub-Committee and is a former Chair of the American Council of Engineering Companies International Committee. In practice, Eric is a registered professional civil engineer and has successfully supervised and managed over $1B in construction placement over his 30 year engineering career. He has a well-rounded stakeholder perspective having worked for such organizations as the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Louis Berger Group, Kanawha Stone Construction Company, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Eric has passed the FINRA Series 79 Investment Banking Representative Exam and holds a BS in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech, an MBA from the University of Manchester, and a MS in Finance from Indiana University.