This 7-day training program on sustainable public-private partnerships is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to build and manage effective partnerships between the public and private sectors. Participants will learn about the different types of sustainable public-private partnerships, strategies for building trust and establishing shared goals, financing options and financial management, effective communication and stakeholder engagement, and evaluating the impact and effectiveness of partnerships. By the end of the training program, participants will better understand the challenges and opportunities in sustainable public-private partnerships and the tools and strategies needed to create and sustain successful partnerships.
IRF Global is now recognized as an approved training provider by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), a respected professional body that provides transportation professionals with recognition, support and business insights to accelerate their careers and influence the future of the sector.
Why In Person Training?
- Expert training by Professionals for Professionals
- Access IRF’s unique curriculum and lectures developed by world-class specialists
- Demonstrations from equipment vendors
- Field trips to transportation centers of excellence
- Small class size & scheduled One-on One sessions with instructors
- Interactive group projects and case studies
- Receive IRF Certification
- Understand the importance of Sustainability in Public-Private Partnership project development
- Take charge of the full development of a project from initial concept to construction and operations
- Understand PPP subsumable general project management responsibilities including stakeholders management, risk management, resource allocation, and schedule planning
- Provide basic tools to oversee this endeavor
- National Road & Transport Agency Executives
- Highway Engineers and Managers
- Federal and State Road Safety Agencies
- Project Implementation Units
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Procurement & Contract Management Specialists
Martijn van Gils, Director, Royal Oak Transport Consultancy
Mr. Van Gils is the owner and director of Royal Oak Transport Consultancy (independent engineer since 2016) and works with road agencies who are implementing Asset Management in their business model. He is a specialist in mobility, safety, contract- and project management.
He worked for an engineering company from 2006-2016 and started his career at Siemens Traffic & Transportation Systems. He obtained his Master of Science in Systems Engineering and PolicyAnalysiss at Delft University of Technology in 1999.
He has 22 years of experience in port, rail, and road infrastructure during the planning, design, construction, and maintenance phases internationally. During his career, he gained experience on both the contractor side as well as the government side. Currently, he is working as a contract manager implementing PBMC's for Tunnels and ITS systems.
He has worked on different tunnel projects in different countries, such as Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands, since 2009. This includes independent safety audits on design and ‘ready to operate’ certificates, investigated tunnel accidents, and prepared fire fighting training, operator control room training, and maintenance training. He has also been a member of the World Road Association (Working group on tunnel safety). For the last 6 years, he is heavily invested in tunnel maintenance and large-scale renovation works.