This IRF Executive Seminar Safer Roads By Design™: Engineering Solutions, part the IRF Certified Continuing Education Program, will be held from December 10-14 2018 in Alexandria, Virginia USA. The program is one of the most comprehensive road safety training programs available in the world. Top international experts from a variety of countries will present best practices and state of the art technologies in Roadside Safety, Work Zone Safety, Vulnerable User Safety, Traffic Management and Road Safety Audits over a 5-day period. The purpose of this seminar is to help road authorities understand what can be done to help them meet their Decade of Action commitment to reduce fatalities 50% by 2020.
The Safer Roads By Design™: Engineering Solutions Executive Seminar is one of the most comprehensive road safety training programs in the world.
A Look Inside the Safer Roads by Design™ Course
- Gain a clear understanding of methods to identify dangerous roadside hazards and understand how to choose the correct option to correct the situation
- Understand the issues facing pedestrian, bicyclist, motorcyclist, public transport and non-motorized vehicle safety
- Obtain an understanding of Work Zones & how they can be made safer for the motorist, worker, and pedestrians
- Learn how to create a road safety audit team and how to conduct a road safety audit
- Discuss how to collect data to assess the performance of roads, and how technology can be utilized to enhance operations and safety of roads
- Road & Transportation Agency Executives
- Federal & State Public Officials and other Regional Transportation Authorities
- Private Consultants & Contractors
- Infrastructure Developers
- Toll Operators
- Infrastructure Funds / Financial Institutions
- Senior Financial & Legal Advisors, Technical Advisors , Insurers, Modelers
From the Chairman
As the road industry’s most trusted brand in continuing education, the IRF provides road professionals with educational opportunities that are recognized worldwide by engineering and transportation societies. IRF’s Global Training Curriculum provides technical expertise in classroom and practical settings where attendees can learn from and have direct access to seasoned professionals. Each course is designed to assist attendees in learning to correctly apply the knowledge gained and provides the most relevant, up-to date information on best practices and technological solutions.
IRF Executive Seminars are specifically developed to meet the needs of road executives. Whether you are a representative of a highway agency, a member of a financing institution, consultant or contractor, IRF Executive Seminars will give you the necessary tools to deliver improvements to your organization.
As the IRF Chairman, I encourage you to make the most of these opportunities and help fulfill IRF’s vision of better roads for a better world.
H.E. Eng. Abdullah A. Al-Mogbel
IRF has negotiated special IRF Global Training Program attendee hotel rates with the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria-Old Town. Please contact the Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria-Old Town to make your own room reservations:
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Old Town
Address: 625 First St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 548-6300
A special room rate of US $109/night, Junior Suite rate of US $199 has been negotiated at the Holiday Inn and Suite, located just one block from the Training Institute.
Executive Vice President, IRF
Michael G. Dreznes
Michael G. Dreznes assumed his current position of Executive Vice-President of the International Road Federation (IRF) in February of 2012. Dreznes has spent the last thirty years working to make the roads safer around the world. He is recognized as one of the world’s leading specialists on roadside safety promoting the concept of “Forgiving Roads,” and has conducted multiple road safety training seminars on roadside safety, work zone safety, vulnerable user safety and road safety audit in more than sixty countries around the world. Dreznes is the Co-Chairman of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) AFB20 (2) Roadside Safety SubCommittee on International Research Activities, Co-Chairman of the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration (UNRSC) Decade of Action Pillar 2: Safer Roads and Mobility Project Group, and a member of the PIARC Road Safety Technical Committee 3.2 Design and Operation of Safer Road Infrastructure. In January 2015, Dreznes was named the winner of the TRB AFB20 Roadside Safety Design Kenneth Stonex Lifetime Achievement Award.