Thank you for agreeing to partner with the IRF to conduct one of our webinars.
Before the webinar, there are some logistical items to cover and then you can use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your webinar information.
The IRF currently uses GoToWebinar as our webinar provider. If you've used GoToWebinar before, you're probably already familiar with it; if not, no need to worry, one of the important parts of the webinar is the preparation. We'll hold a 30-minute practice session prior to the webinar (usually 1-7 days in advance) to make sure the audio, video, and screen sharing is all working properly and that the workflow and GoToWebinar software become familiar, so that when we're live, all you have to do is focus on your presentation.
About the Live Event
The workflow for our webinars is pretty simple:
- We start with a general introduction, during which we tell participants about the GoToWebinar software, how to ask questions, and what to expect from the event.
- We then move to an introduction of the presenter(s) by the moderator.
- Our presenter(s) then take over and share their presentation(s) with the participants. This is done via screen sharing within the GoToWebinar software.
- This is as simple as accepting a screen sharing prompt and then running your PowerPoint or Keynote presentation on your computer, just as you normally would for any other presentation.
- Once the presentation(s) is/are finished, we begin the Q&A session.
- The IRF will take a couple of minutes here to talk about one ore more relevant upcoming events.
- All participant microphones are muted for the entirety of the webinar, so questions will be typed.
- Our moderator will sort through the questions and asked them to the presenter(s).
- That's it! All registrants of the webinar receive a recording of the webinar, as well as PDFs of the presentation(s).
- This will come to them via email, typically within 24 hours of the webinar's conclusion.
About IRF Webinars
IRF webinar presentations must be non-commercial in nature. While we know that most presenters work for a relevant organization or represent certain interests, the IRF wants to provide relevant and objective information to participants. Mentioning the product is fine, but please refrain from making the presentation into a sales pitch. A rough draft of the presentation must be provided one week prior to the webinar and then final version is due 24 hours prior to the event. All registrants of the webinar will receive a PDF of the presentation afterwards. You are welcome to remove any proprietary information from the distributed version, but do note that anything you show in the webinar will be preserved in the recording, which is also made available to participants.
Below is a list of items we'll need from you (the presenter) before the IRF can begin marketing the event. Please use following form to submit this information. You will have been provided a custom webinar ID code by your IRF point of contact; please enter that code to the complete the form. Should you have any questions about the form, please email your IRF point of contact or contact webinars [at] IRF.global.
What we'll need:
- Job Title
- Webinar Title
- Webinar Summary (1-2 paragraphs)
- Webinar Outcomes (3-6 bullet points)
- Bio (1-2 paragraphs)
- Professional Photo (JPG, PNG, TIF in high resolution)